Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

update on member (featured in hslda news)

update on member (featured in hslda news)

I don't know how many of you remember a member here (screen name was had the numbers 1219 in it). Her husband of 34 years passed away about 1.5 years ago.

anyway,
This week HSLDA featured her story about their foundation to help widows.Thought some of you might want to read the update and have that connection on the story.

https://www.homeschoolfoundation.org/index.php?id=327

re: update on member (featured in hslda news)

Apparently I've forgotten her screen name (those numbers don't ring a bell), BUT I remember her very well. I remember how devastating it was for her when her dh died, so suddenly.

Thank you for the update. I've known for some time that HSLDA helps widows, but it's one thing to know it, another thing to read someone's story.

You may know that I recently (a month or so ago) posted about a very dear friend of mine who is going through some real challenges with her dh, who suddenly (literally out of the blue) suddenly became extremely ill, had to be hospitalized, and has since been dx with several serious medical conditions. He has not been able to work a day since mid-October.

(She has been struggling with a severely painful foot/tendon condition herself, they have been rearing three gc, two more live with them also, and their debts are piling up and up and up while her dh's income has gone down drastically.)

Reading the story you posted reminded me of my friend's situation in several ways. I will keep Reba and her family in my prayers. Thanks again for posting.

This post was edited on Dec 07, 2017 07:11 AM

Thank you for posting this. I remember very well when this member's husband passed away, and she told us the heartbreaking story. I love seeing the pictures of her beautiful family.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that. I remember her and I remember her dh passing away. I never knew the whole health challenges part though.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat