Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

gr8fl2bHis Question Regarding a Book Title you Posted

gr8fl2bHis Question Regarding a Book Title you Posted

In the "Alexa" thread, you posted:

I have a library book here by David Horowitz, called Jesus and Muhammed. Have you heard of/read that one?

I cannot find that title by David Horowitz anywhere!! Does it happen to have a second author? Or maybe a different title? I would be interested to get my hands on a copy if I can find it ;)

Thanks!

re: gr8fl2bHis Question Regarding a Book Title you Posted

Oops, I made a mistake in that post. I apologize for that to you and anyone else who would is interested in the book. (The other books I mentioned 'were' written by David Horowitz.)

Its title is Jesus and Muhammad (I think I misspelled the latter name the first time), but its author is Mark Gabriel. I haven't read any books by him before, but I've heard good things about him. The book is published by a Christian publisher.

The is the blurb about him on the back of the book:

Mark Gabriel, PhD, grew up Muslim in Egypt, went on to earn a doctorate in Islamic studies, and taught at [a] university in Cairo, the most prestigious Islamic university in the world. As a practicing Christian for the last ten years [my note: the book was published in 2004), he has earned a master's degree in world religion and a PhD in Christian education. His previous books include Islam and the Jews and Islam and Terrorism.

(If you already knew about him, just skip over all that.:)

Two things: I think Mark Gabriel may be a pseudonym, in light of the fact that former Muslims-now Christians often have to deal with security issues. (Michael Youssef, also from Egypt, now a pastor in America, has to have bodyguards.)

And it occurred to me how relevant this is, in light of the fact that our president has officially declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel. Honestly, I cannot understand the furor over that -- Jerusalem has been its capital since early events recorded in I Samuel! And so it continued when Israel regained her land in 1948/9. It is mind-boggling that anyone would argue that fact.

Oooh that sounds good and my library has it YAY!!

Thanks for the quick response, I already placed on hold the other books mentioned here in that thread and others lately (Horowitz & the others I can't recall lol).

I learn more via suggestions/posts here than any other site I frequent. I am absolutely blessed by all you wonderful ladies here ((hugs)) <3 <3 <3

I'm so glad your library has it! That's exciting. :)

I also learn more via suggestions/posts here than any other site I frequent -- I believe it was M4J who originally told me about David Horowitz. I've also read other good books because I read about them here. And I've just learned to stay away from Alexa. Important info indeed.

Echoing this!
I am absolutely blessed by all you wonderful ladies here ((hugs)) <3 <3 <3

Have a great day, everybody. :)

savmom, I have finished the book Jesus and Muhammad. WOW, what a powerful message! The author very carefully and logically examines the (surface) similarities and profound differences between the two.

I especially appreciate his dismantling of specious arguments by people who do conflate the two beliefs w/o understanding. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Merry Christmas! :)

fixed a typo; typing too fast, lol

This post was edited on Dec 20, 2017 10:11 AM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat