Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

update

update

Finally had an update about our "grandson."

He did not have surgery before. He ended up being transferred and retested at a more advanced hospital. He is definitely scheduled for surgery tomorrow.

Apparently, the duct to his liver is blocked. He is eating well, gaining, and eliminating normally which is why it took so long to be sure of his diagnosis. ?Biliary atresia?? I couldn't hear R well, even when he repeated it.

They have the Lord, thankfully, and are asking for prayers. I am putting it out here as well. TY!!

K

This post was edited on Dec 08, 2017 03:13 PM

re: update

Good news!

Surgery went well. The duct was blocked, so they took a piece of his intestines to create a new duct. Liver is functioning. Time and tests will show how well and if the new duct is working like it should. If there are complications, then there is the potential for a liver transplant down the road. At this point, though, things look good.

Tubes are out, and he is eating well. Eliminating both ways is good. So, he is discharged and now staying with the family at Ronald McDonald house to await his follow-up appt on Thurs. Hopefully, he'll head home the end of the week.

K

I'm so glad everything went well! Prayers!

My sister and her husband had used the Ronald Mcdonald house in the past. It was such a blessing to them!

Praise God!

Thankful for your good news! Praying for continued improvement!

Thank you for the update!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat