Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Hand made gifts?

Hand made gifts?

What hand made items are you making for gifts this Christmas?
I had many good intentions to complete a couple quilts, but I didn't finish them on time to be quilted. I will be putting together some busy bags for my sons K class since it is a small class and making the bags to carry them in. I also plan on making a couple quilt coasters (mug rugs) and pairing them with mugs and candy or cocoa or cup a soup.

re: Hand made gifts?

I always bake for friends and family, that's my main gift.

My big handmade gift this year is a cross-stitched piece - orcas leaping out of the water - that I bought and started *years* ago for oldest ds, and it got put aside during all my health trials and then my eyesight was too poor. I discovered early this year that I could stitch again with strong reading glasses and so I picked it up again. I will have to burn the midnight oil to finish it by Christmas but I promised him he would finally have it and I know he is looking forward to it! It's just a difficult piece to stitch and therefore I tend to procrastinate and stitch on easier designs. :P

Yes, baking. I forgot about that. I hope to make a lot of cookies this Christmas, but we keep eating them. LOL
I have to wear reading glasses too these days. I've always had terrible eyesight. I'm glad you will be able to finish your needlework. :) You could invest in a daylight/LED lamp that has an attached magnifying glass for needlework if you plan to do more.

Jams and jellies and even horseradish, just anything that I can seal. Lol.

Hoping to make four types of cookies to give to people.

I used to make a yeast bread candy cane filled with an apricot mixture and covered with candied cherry and citron "holly". People liked that and if I can make it and freeze it, I will do that. The recipe is in an old Betty Crocker cookbook from the '70's or '80's.

I had gotten America's Test Kitchen's Cookie book from the library and it was so good I had to buy my own copy. My family eats the cookies before I can share them. LOL
Do you know what kind of cookies you are going to make?

I love to make and receive photo books.

photos in frames (been buying frames on sale all year).
I buy pie plates for $1 each at thrift store...and yard sales. I make homemade pies and give the plate with them. nicer than a tin plate. Making pies is easy for me. I can bake 2-3 at a time.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat