Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Surprising?-No! Amazon's Alexa is a CRAZY LIBERAL

Surprising?-No! Amazon's Alexa is a CRAZY LIBERAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MECcIJW67-M

ETA
You've gotta listen to Alexa's answers. Jesus Christ is a fictional character, she says. But she's got a paragraph about Mohamed - definitely a very real person, very flatteringly described.

It's creepy but imo, evil, that she presents this stuff as TRUTH.

This post was edited on Nov 24, 2017 01:38 PM

re: Surprising?-No! Amazon's Alexa is a CRAZY LIBERAL

😱
That was just awful. The leading it does with peoples thoughts.

On another note...that thing is really listening to your family's conversations. My DH told me he knows someone at work that has one. His friend said that he and his wife were talking quietly to eachother about going on a trip on a certain date, but they canceled their plans, but when the date came about, Alexa said that they weren't supposed to be home. Weren't they going on the trip? yikes

Not surprising!

Very funny video actually, but also sad.

I am glad that this video was made, because lets think about it, she is quoting Wikipedia, and quoting NPR, so she is just a reflection of what the culture has been teaching your children and family and friends.

These ideas are not new, and hopefully this wakes us up a bit because when your kids are searching on line these are the answers they are finding, Alexa is just a convenient file where it is all made easily accessible (so they can further brainwash the masses).

MorningSong,
WOW, that is just plain old EERIE. :-o

I hope the co-worker and his wife tossed that in the trash. :-o

Lizbeth,
Hhmm, it's also eerie to think that this is what is being pushed in the ps and colleges.

(And so much of the media seems to be cousins or siblings to "Alexa......")

(Made needed corrections here. Thank you, savmom.:)

Wow, "her" words about Jesus and Mohammed are definitely lies! Scary stuff, because unsuspecting people will fall for them. :(

BTW, something I read in the newspaper recently sorta kinda relates to this, because it's pretty much changed my mind about doing any Christmas shopping at the big (huge) A -- did you know that Jeff Bezos (owner of Amazon) is now worth $100 Billion??? Yes, with a B.

(Just looked that up and confirmed it's $100B. He has now surpassed Bill Gates in net worth.)

That reminded me of the many political pundits who rail on and on about "those nasty rich Republicans" (implication being, they're nasty because they're rich).

Yeah, right. I'd like to see who they would put up against Bezos and Gates, not to mention George Soros and others.

Now, this is a "bit" farther off the subject, lol, but I'll post it here because it does relate to "her" lies. I have a library book here by Mark Gabriel (not David Horowitz), called Jesus and Muhammed. Have you heard of/read that one?

I have a library book here by David Horowitz which you told me of, called The Shadow Party, which, as I understand it, is about George Soros and the Clintons (and no telling what else, based on his earlier book I read -- "informative" doesn't begin to describe his writing).

I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'm sure I'll be taking copious notes as I did when I read his autobiography which detailed the beginnings of the "progressive" movement in this country.

I recently learned of this one (have you heard of it?), Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam And the American Left. Talk about a title! Wow. I've just put that one on hold.

ETA for anyone reading this, who has not heard of Horowitz before. AFAIK, he is not a Christian (as is Mark Gabriel). He grew up in a non-observant Jewish family, and his experience and insights are very valuable because he grew up a 'red diaper baby' (his parents were radical Communists).

He himself was rabidly liberal in the 1960s when he helped to foment the "free speech" movement at Berkeley (talk about current and relevant!). His book Radical Son tells of his parents' lives and experiences, his too, *key* events/turning points of the 1960s (which are still affecting our country today) *with* valuable background info and insight which don't seem to be available just anywhere -- and the reasons for his eventual renunciation of the radical/Communist life/worldview.

I had to wait a loooong time for the others to become available, which is actually very heartening, because that tells me that other people are reading them. :)

Now if I can just find/make time to read! ;)

ETA: MorningSong, how exactly does one use Alexa? With a smart phone? Mine is dumb. :) Or is there another way? That sounds like very important info to know.

Lizbeth, ITA with you here:

...she is just a reflection of what the culture has been teaching your children and family and friends.

These ideas are not new, and hopefully this wakes us up a bit because when your kids are searching on line these are the answers they are finding, Alexa is just a convenient file where it is all made easily accessible (so they can further brainwash the masses).

This post was edited on Dec 07, 2017 07:07 AM

It's just in the room and always on. You call its name to alert it and ask a question or give a command. The problem was that even if you don't call it, it is ("they are") listening to your conversations. It's so 1984 creepy, but people don't see it that way because we are numb to the technology.

It's just in the room and always on. You call its name to alert it and ask a question or give a command.
-------

Okay, I don't mean to be dense, but what is 'it'? I know people can "talk to" their smart phones, say something like, "Hey, Google", then ask a question, and stuff will come up on their phones. Is this something similar? Is this something on a smart phone, a smart TV, pc, etc?

I want to know how I (and others I know) can avoid this problem. Is it possible?

The problem was that even if you don't call it, it is ("they are") listening to your conversations. It's so 1984 creepy, but people don't see it that way because we are numb to the technology.
-------

Wow. This is really, really creepy. ITA with your conclusion. "Numb to the technology" is terribly appropriate.

I want to know how I (and others I know) can avoid this problem. Is it possible?

gr8
as far as I could tell, "it" referred to the devices where the alexa assistant is installed. To avoid problem, don't buy or use those kinds of products, which include:
amazon echo (which is what I think it shown in the video linked in first post) and its variations of echo dot, and echo tap
and I think firestick TV probably uses alexa

although stuff changes, if you'd like to read on what devices have alexa (in order to use or avoid), check out this article
https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-alexa/

I still have a "dumb" phone. flip phone at that. and a landline.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat