Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

What to do. Sigh.

re: What to do. Sigh.

I hope you found peace over this.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone. We sorted through our differences and remain sisters in Christ. Yay!

I was able to establish that I was helping but not attending. And then the Holy Spirit started pricking my heart. When I woke up this morning I had decided that I would be open to attending if it came up again. I picked up my phone as I left my bedroom and saw that I had 4 texts from this friend asking me to please reconsider attending. I graciously accepted. It's a decision I feel the Lord would have me make.

I'm glad you were able to come to a decision that brought you peace.

K

when our son (oldest) was in college, he did some electrial/engineering work for the fraternity house of his friend.....Our son was on the "pay for myself" college budget, so being a fraternity member was OUT OF THE QUESTION for him. However, he liked his friend and wanted to help...and he knew others in the fraternity. IN return, he was always "invited" to their parties. LOL. He loved it; he said "I get free Greek benefits without belonging". So..you can look at your friend's words as tacky...but do the work if you sincerely desire to help...and if you would like to attend, then don't be a Grinch. Attend. Who cares how she phrased it? (she's being snotty or tactless)

editing to add that I see your "new" response above. it's great. Have fun! :)

This post was edited on Nov 29, 2017 02:34 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat