Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Who Has a Worst Mom in the World Award

Who Has a Worst Mom in the World Award

I will start as I got another one this week. I thought DD17 was only going to be off Thursday through Sunday. I did not want to spend the money flying her home for only 4 days. Turns out they closed the campus last Friday. No food services and DD is in her dorm building all alone for a week with only workmen around.

She walked to WalMart and stocked up on snacks and she can walk to Panera Bread and Cracker Barrel.

I am sick with worry, but, she is the happiest she has ever been. She has never been alone overnight before. She thinks this is cool even though Mom is texting her every 5 minutes.

re: Who Has a Worst Mom in the World Award

I'm glad she's taking it well. Forgive yourself, and text away!

I would feel the same as you...mom guilt and worry :D

But, she'll be fine! It's great she has restaurants and Walmart she can walk to.

This is probably such an adventure for her! It will be one of those growing up events and a great story to share.

YOu can borrow mine if you want. But I will need it back!

I think I can take the award, but unfortunately so.

Anyway, Minnie. I would be worried, too. For her it's exciting and thankfully, she's taking it all in stride. I'll keep her safety in prayer, though.

K

Call a local independent fundamental Baptist church and explain, and see if someone can check in on her, maybe invite her over, invite her to church Sunday, etc. There are plenty of Baptist churches in Virginia! :)

Just sounds like miscommunication to me.

I’ll take the worst mom prize if I can ever share my oops.

Oh man! I just saw this today. Had I been on much sooner I could have brought your dd to my home for the holidays and my two college kiddos could have given her the grand tour of the DC area. I'm so sorry.

Poop!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat