Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Prayer Requests? Please Add Them Here!

Prayer Requests? Please Add Them Here!

I would ask that you all pray for my elderly relative who has dementia that is becoming more pronounced. I ask that the Lord strengthen our family and open the doors for timely and appropriate care for this person, who has been so faithful to Him.

I also ask for peace and joy as the holidays approach, with safe travels too!

Anyone else? Please feel free to post your prayer requests too. I will be coming on an reading and doing some dedicated prayer time for us HSR chit chatters! :)

Anne

re: Prayer Requests? Please Add Them Here!

We are going through the same thing you are Anne.

I ask that folks would pray for my MIL and FIL. MIL's memory took a nosedive at the beginning of October. Within a week, she was no longer safe at home and we had to move her into a memory care facility. Then a week ago today, she had a bad enough fall where she had to go to the hospital. She has been there a week, and my SIL and I were there all day, every day last week. I am going back this morning because I think they will probably release her today or tomorrow.

Last week she had become combative and aggressive in the evenings, but the meds her neurologist and psychiatrist put her on seem to have eliminated that - for which we are so grateful, because without that she would not have been able to go back to her facility. We are happy with the care there and she seemed content with it.

She has been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia, so it is only going to go downhill swiftly from here. FIL is having to adjust to his partner of 58 years basically disappearing overnight. :(

My mom is coming to the end of her dementia journey. She's eating very little (most days not eating) and not drinking a lot (maybe 12-16 ounces per day). It's an emotional roller coaster.

I'm so sorry to hear of all the loved ones with dementia whether lewey bodies or alzheimers or stroke or other.
I know it is hard to tell which and it can be a combination of more than one type of dementia.
I believe my mother had a combination of lewey bodies (common in parkinson's patients) and alzheimers and a nervous breakdown.
Dementia is such a sad and robbing illness.
Prayers for all of you.
So many on chit chat to pray over. I read them all; I only comment now and then though.
Praying,
specialt

I have a prayer request that is along the lines of those mentioned above but mine has a court date. We would love a break from this person but we can't ask for that. We have asked that the person get help though.

Please pray for my father who is in hospice.

And if you could pray for my do Zachary. He is 12 yo and is going in for major surgery on Thursday to remove a large mass on the back of his paw.

Thank you

Prayers from Florida.

Thanks for the thread. So many folks have burdens on their hearts.

My folks are going out of country with a very unreliable car. They both have judgement and memory issues. They are refusing any help from us as they are in denial. They had car problems this summer on a trip. It's tough to watch. My hands are tied right now.

Dementia and aging really are difficult to witness and deal with. Hopefully, they will see their need for assistance sooner than later.

M32

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat