Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

question for nurses or those with elderly parents

question for nurses or those with elderly parents

Do you know of this medicine that used to be available years and years ago? At the time, it was used for asthma. It was a powder/granulated substance that came in a small can. You would put just a little on the lid of the can and light it. You would hold it in front of your mouth and nose and breathe it in. Anyone know what this was/is called? thanks!

re: question for nurses or those with elderly parents

i have no idea!!!

dog, martinbeef, i was hoping you'd have an idea for me! i know this is a tough one. my grandma is going to ask her 90 yr old brother if he can remember. i'm hoping someone will remember it...

I think I figured it out. It was called either Elliot's asthma remedy or Potter's remedy.

alright, I did some googling and discovered that Magnesium powder has been used in years past.....it was inhaled, though I cannot find specific information regarding "lighting it"....but it was used as an inhalation therapy for asthma years ago. Does that help?

that's the best I can do! :)

oh, just saw your post about the Elliot's asthma remedy...okay, that sounds good!

I didn't see the magnesium powder info. Is that something that's available now?

I found liquid magnesium on amazon. i think i may try it... thanks MB for helping me!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat