s/o health care crisis...Bates and Duggars

s/o health care crisis...Bates and Duggars

What will happen?

This post was edited on Jun 30, 2012 08:51 AM

re: s/o health care crisis...Bates and Duggars

large insurance premiums.

Not just them...

Where is the money going to come from all the way around?

I know families with far fewer than 20 children who barely make it month by month paying their rent and buying groceries.

Businesses will need to offer insurance or get penalized/taxed. Obviously that cost will have to be covered some how, which means what we pay for goods and services will need to go up.

Insurance companies can not discrminate against those with costlier conditions, and you know they aren't going to generously donate the extra money it will take. (not that they ought to).

My parents are very pro-Obama. In their minds he can do no wrong. I have not asked them how they feel about Obamacare. I am trying to be optimistic, but I am having a hard time understanding this.

As an aside, we are a large family and have been doing Samaritan for years (as I think the D family does). It has been a very good thing for us. We have never had to write off medical bills or depend on anyone outside of Samaritan. Should we have to revamp managing our health care costs from what has been working for us it will be difficult.

This post was edited on Jun 30, 2012 12:32 PM

What is Samaritan?

It's a Christian cost sharing for medical bills.

http://www.samaritanministries.org/

There's another one that's similar called Christian Care Medi-Share, but I've not personally met anyone who's used it. Everyone I know who's used Samaritan, though, has been very pleased with it.

MayberryMommy said:

"Should we have to revamp managing our health care costs from what has been working for us it will be difficult."

You shouldn't have to revamp. Christians participating in a health care sharing program are exempt from the individual mandate. Medishare and Samaritan are both exempt.

From Medishare's website:

"As a Medi-Share member you are exempt from the “individual mandate” that will require all other Americans to purchase insurance by 2014 or face financial penalties."

From Samaritan's website:

"If you are a committed Christian, you do not have to violate your faith by purchasing health insurance from a company that pays for abortions and other unbiblical medical practices. You can live consistently with your beliefs by sharing medical needs directly with fellow believers through Samaritan Ministries’ non-insurance approach. This approach even satisfies the individual mandate in the recent Federal health care law (Sec. 1501 (b) of HR 3590 at pg. 327, 328)."

Forgive me if you already knew this information, but I thought from your post that maybe you did not.

i had heard things like Samaritan were going to be exempt. I truly hope it stays that way.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat