Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

This is why I cannot support Ron Paul

This is why I cannot support Ron Paul

The only difference between this picture and the one I saw in 2008 is that he was in that one with them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/moonlite-bunnyranch-endorses-ron-paul_n_1181575.html?ref=weird-news&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D124579

re: This is why I cannot support Ron Paul

I don't know. I don't think that their support of him negates the message he is trying to triumph because he is championing limiting the arm of government in private lives....and that is probably going to look uncomfortable in some respects.

Umm, wellllll...............I wouldn't have a problem with this so called Bunny Ranch supporting him, if it wasn't for the fact of what was said in the article.

"We were going to support Newt Gingrich, because he's a cheater and we like cheaters"....??? huh????

And

They lost interest in Obama because he signed a Bill stating it was okay for human consumption of horses.

Doesn't sound like a very intelligent group to me.

I don't think that their support of him negates the message he is trying to triumph because he is championing limiting the arm of government in private lives....and that is probably going to look uncomfortable in some respects.
------------------

I agree with this.

I'm confused, or I'm missing something. The picture I saw had people holding signs in support of Paul. Is that it? I would never base my vote on who else may or may not vote for him. He's one of the few that seem to have read the Constitution, at least.

I'm with you, Julie. Ron Paul is SUCH a strong supporter of state's rights and individual freedoms that it negates the intended purpose of the Founding Fathers' writing and signing our founding documents. Not all of our Founding Fathers were true Christians, but they DID believe in one Creator God and held up the Bible as THE standard of morality for all mankind. Our founding documents were written based on that premise.

To quote John Adams: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."

And to quote James Madison: "We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government ACCORDING TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GOD."

I could quote more, but you get the idea. Those are the points that Ron Paul is missing. He has some *very conservative* supporters, but he also has a lot of *very liberal* supporters, and that's the reason he's so high in the polls. He even admitted just a few minutes ago on the Today show that the young progressives are the ones he's counting on in this election. (I believe he's taken a lot of the liberal voters that helped Obama win last time. I follow Paul's Facebook page, as well as a couple of other GOP candidates, and I see the kinds of people and comments that are posted on their FB pages!)

Well, I'm sorry, but these young progressives are NOT who I want to stake my daughters' futures on! These young progressives are a generation which has been raised in a society in which morality (as stated by our Founding Fathers) has been taken out of the picture, and replaced with evolutionary, independent (almost anarchist and rebellious toward any authority whatsoever), SELFISH, dumbed-down (public school textbooks and no Bible/morality teaching) brainwashing are dominant. These are many of the Ron Paul supporters, and the ones who've helped him do so well this time around. You can see how much more support he has now compared to the numerous times he's run in the past. THIS generation of "young progressives" voted for Obama 4 years ago. Reality has hit 'em in the face, so now they're going to the only other candidate on the field who will let them continue on a path of no authority and no morality.

(And to explain my use of the term "authority", I certainly do NOT meet the Nazi kind! I'm referring to the biblical kind, the kind that actually understands the moral teachings of the Bible and "gets" Romans 13, the 10 Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and many other teachings for mankind. Hitler was NOT a moral man.)

Some of the laws we have in place today are certainly unconstitutional, I get that. But the truth is that BECAUSE the majority of society in our Founding Fathers' day actually lived moral lives, it never even occurred to them that (for example) they ought to specify in the Constitution that abortion is murder! At that time it was *understood*. The original Hippocratic Oath explicitly forbid abortion, and that was still in place at the time of our Founding Fathers. They didn't foresee that in the mid-20th century, the Hippocratic Oath would be revised to allow for each doctor to decide based on his own conscience. If they had known that would ever happen, I'm SURE they would've included a specific statement about it in the founding documents.

I have not seen the link, but Ron Paul is too far right. He is way out there and I will not be voting for him. Thing is I have no idea who to vote for. I have issues with all of them.

He wants Iran to have nuclear weapons.

Although he does want to restore the Constitution and get us back to the gold standard.

I'm dreading November.

There is no one to vote for...once again. 300+ million people and this is the best we can come up with. It's sad really.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat