Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Ancients

Ancients

I'd appreciate a little help with my history plan. We are using SOTW 1 w/ activity guide, but I want to include more Bible history and worldview. I have a SOTW/VOS children's Bible schedule to use, but my oldest is 10 and has been through that Bible already. I am very curious about Victor Journey through the Bible for him. I don't want to schedule it myself and I see that Biblioplan schedules that and SOTW so I could just buy that schedule. I wouldn't get any other parts because I own and like the SOTW AG. I see Tapestry of Grace uses Children's Illustrated Bible so I see that as another option, but my least favorite because I would have to schedule myself. Last night Veritas press cards also got my interest when I was reading on someone's blog that they used them w/ SOTW.

Options:
Vos
Victor w/ Biblioplan guide
Children's Illustrated Bible
Veritas Press history/Bible cards?
Something else????

Which would you go with? What would add the most to our studies? I have only seen Vos in entirety and can't order both of the others to check them out. (I also feel like I don't even know what I need/should be covering exactly?)

(Easy is a priority for me! and dropping SOTW is not an option. That is the one DH wants.)

Thanks for any insight.

re: Ancients

How about Mystery of History volume 1? Here's a schedule for it:

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/sotwmoh.htm

I did see that (that's where I got the VOS schedule), but I'm not really interested in MOH. Thanks, though!

Well, another option is MFW Creation to the Greeks. It schedules Victor Journey, and it would be very easy to use SOTW along with it if you wanted to. MFW schedules a lot of actual Bible reading, as well as the Jewish feasts which I'm pretty sure SOTW doesn't do. It would give your 10yo a good, strong Bible focus for the year. You could pick and choose which activities to do.... and in fact, maybe several from MFW would be more appropriate for the 10yo than what you'd find in the SOTW AG (which is intended for the younger age group).

You wouldn't have to do the science portion of MFW at all, if you have something else planned for that.

This post was edited on Sep 03, 2011 08:57 PM

I'm sorry, I don't mean to shoot you down! I appreciate the input because I am having trouble getting feedback anywhere. However, I don't want MFW. LOL! I should have shared our homeschool history but I was trying to keep it brief. ;) I'm not concerned about activities for my 10 yo. He has done MFW and HOD and does not like activities. LOL However, I'm sure he will join in on a few w/ his brothers in SOTW. I just want something to read. Thank you for trying!!!

I guess right now I'm leaning towards Victor's Journey. I just don't want to try to schedule it myself. I guess that leaves me w/ Biblioplan or VP cards. A friend of mine would let me use her MFW CTG schedule, but then I'd have to try to plug SOTW in myself and I'm just not confident in doing so.

so much to think about! my head spins.

hmm, now I did find a schedule to plug SOTW into CTG. ack! I did not need another option. LOL

Mind sharing that SOTW and CTG schedule?

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46082

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions