Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: ONLY $11.99!!!! - "Phone Special" at CBD for 1st Editions of Apologia General and Physical Science, incl. the AK!

ONLY $11.99!!!! - "Phone Special" at CBD for 1st Editions of Apologia General and Physical Science, incl. the AK!

I'd never heard of phone specials.
I saw this posted on another homeschooling site (I have google alerts set up for Apologia stuff - that's how I found it), and I was like, really???
So I called Christian Book Distributors, and it's for real!
It's a phone special. You have to order by phone, and not online.
1-800-CHRISTIAN
And the Solutions and Tests manual is included. (the AK)

Just wanted to let y'all know. =)

She said you can check on phone specials by calling the number and pressing 1. Then listen to the specials and hang up before a rep. comes on.
Or by going to the site, christianbook.com, and clicking on the Bargains tab, then "CBD's phone specials."
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=874827&sp=1052&event=1052FP|57689|1052

I can't believe this. Two of my friends just paid $30 for theirs last week. And another was supposed to order yesterday.
Hmph.

This post was edited on Aug 18, 2011 07:47 AM

re: ONLY $11.99!!!! - "Phone Special" at CBD for 1st Editions of Apologia General and Physical Science, incl. the AK!

bump =)

Do you know how often the phone specials last? Are they for a day or two...or longer?

hmmm.... I don't know.
I never heard of it before yesterday. I guess you could ask. It may vary.

I just went and looked at it. :( It's the older additon.

Certainly something like a Phone Special will probably be an earlier edition, however, many times the $ saved buy using a previous edition is well worth it!

The Biology Lab group my dd was a part of used the Apologia material. Some of the students had the current edition and some had the previous edition. The teacher even used the previous edition! We were able to find a previous edition given to us for free, so that's what we used and it was fine.

Sometimes the changes between editions of a program (not just Apologia) are not that crucial and sometimes, they may be.

Not to poo-poo the PP who commented that they wanted the current edition...that's okay, you probably know what you want.

But...many times when money is a real issue, or if you know that a previous edition will help you earn that credit and get it done with to your satisfaction, something like this Phone Special can be a God-send.

Just saying this for those homeschoolers who may be new to this game and innocently think you have to have the current edition of everything for your school to work or be in some way, 'above board'....not the case.

Thanks for passing on the information.

Susan

Sooo.... what is the difference between the 1st and 2nd editions? This looks SUPER tempting. That is a huge savings! Thanks for posting.

Sooo.... what is the difference between the 1st and 2nd editions?
------------------------
Well, right now it's about $45.00. =D

(The 2nd edition set is currently $57 on CBD. Normal price from Apologia is $85.)

Honestly, I have not compared the two except for skimming, but since I bought mine awhile back, I can't remember what they were.
Basically, they just edited it a little, and added some content, reworded some things. Not a whole lot, really. I mean, there might be something kind of important in there, but I doubt it's worth $45. I know Biology had some vocab in a diff. place (earlier in the chapter), and there are a few more pics and graphics, but still not a lot more.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions