Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: Free World U - Anyone used this? I like it and it is Free

Free World U - Anyone used this? I like it and it is Free

I am liking it's approach, it lets the child test out of what they already know and move on. They only work on and sudy what they don't know.

I just went and looked. It has a neat approach. The only problem is that your child has to be really honest when they say that they know the answer and move on. You have no way of knowing unless you write it down. Thank you for bringing it to my attention......

It tripled posted for some reason.

This post was edited on Jul 28, 2011 06:27 PM

Double post

This post was edited on Jul 28, 2011 06:26 PM

I know this is true sadly what I do is sit with my son.;0)
Thanks for sticking up for me on the other post. I don't understand how I did anything wrong. Some poeple !!!

re: re: Free World U - Anyone used this? I like it and it is Free

You're welcome. I tend to stick my nose in places..... ;0)

re: re: Free World U - Anyone used this? I like it and it is Free

Hi,
I found this information on LinkedIn about the developer of Free World U and thought others might like to take this into consideration when evaluating this organization as to whether or not its mission meshes with your family's goals.

"Dr. Hall has had a fascination with science from an early age. He graduated from the University of Southern California School of Medicine in 1968. He went on to complete a rotating internship at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena and then pursued a general psychiatry residency at the Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. He became certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in 1975.

He collaborated with Beckman Instruments in developing the world's first artificial pancreas and he shares two patents with them on this device. Dr. Hall is an accomplished violinist and wrote two violin concertos.

His specialization in psychiatry led him to explore the field of social psychiatry, in which society as a whole is viewed as the patient. This further led to the notion of "the root causes of social dysfunction," in which all social problems are compared to a tree, with roots, branches, and leaves. He observed that most people shortsightedly focus on the leaves of the tree, and miss the root causes. He further explored a type of meditation using theta and delta wave entrainment, and described a unifying theory of human consciousness development based on many disciplines including psychoanalysis, developmental biology, thermodynamics, and meditation."

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions