Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

How much does Staples charge for binding?

How much does Staples charge for binding?

I know a few of you have mentioned you print your lesson planners and have the binding done at Staples? I'm thinking of doing this, if it will save me some money. If not, I'm going to order the well planned day planner. Thanks.

re: How much does Staples charge for binding?

Bump

I have been wanting to try this at Staples also. Not sure how to go about it. I'm assuming I bring them a pack of papers and have to leave it for a few hours? Is there a minimum or maximum of papers? Cost?

OP, have you called them to ask?

I haven't used this service, but I did have them re-punch and put a new spiral binding on a TE. It cost less than $5. I called beforehand so I would know if it was reasonable, or not. I thought that price was extremely reasonable, and the guy did a great job.

This post was edited on Jul 19, 2011 06:01 PM

I don't know the cost because it's been a while since I've had it done. I recall that all of the office stores in our area offer binding services, and though the pricing was reasonable, it varied a little by store.

I've had several books bound @ Office Depot, Staples, and Office Max. Out of them all I think Office D did the best job.

A few things to inquire about are whether they offer comb binding, plastic spiral or both, and how many maximum pages, back and front, can be in your booklet. Some of the stores charge for clear front covers and others don't, so be sure to ask what's included with the pricing.

I had a 1.5" thick book spiral bound at a private copy place (called Mega Copies), and it was $6. Plastic covers add in was an extra $1.

every year my boys keep a journal of things they did that year. they decorate a cover page and everything. we always take it to staples to have it spiral bound like a keepsake and it cost $9. they are always looking thru there journals and really love them. hth!!

Thank you, no I haven't called to ask. I figured it was easier to ask you guys! LOL

That gives me an idea, $5 to $10 dollars it sounds like. Not too bad! DH has them print things all the time and it's like 10 cents a page. So, I was thinking of maybe making my lesson planner and putting it on a flash drive or something, having them print and bind it. I guess I could email it also.

I like "The Well Planned Day" because it has a to do list, dinner menu etc on the page but, for $25.00 plus tax and shipping! I figured I could add all that to my page (probably something from DonnaYoung.org) and print and bind it.

Thanks for the info, something to think about...

One year, I had them replace the binding on my HOD manual and change it into a spiral bound book. I want to say it was $11 but I'm not sure.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions