Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Apples and Pears VS All About Spelling

Apples and Pears VS All About Spelling

I am really in need of advice on spelling. This would be for my DS9 (who struggles with spelling and reading) and for DD6 (who is reading well and had no formal spelling). I bought Apples and Pears and have yet to use it mainly becuase of time and the writing involved for DC. I have read so many rave reviews of All About Spelling. I am thinking it will help DS with his reading AND spelling. I am hoping it will help DD with advanced phonics and spelling. I guess I could sell A and P to buy AAS. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading my ramble. ZippyMom

re: Apples and Pears VS All About Spelling

I'm not familiar w/ A+P. But, from what you've said, I think AAS would work. The dc use letter tiles for spelling most of the time, w/ some writing after that, which can easily be done w/ a white board and marker, too. I know my dc really like doing it this way which makes it that much more fun. I hvae used this w/ an older ds who struggles w/ spelling and I am now using it w/ my beginners. ALL of the dc enjoy it! (Well, the teenager isn't that thrilled, but he's at least willing. LOL)

K

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions