Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Galloping the Globe vs. Trail Guide to World Geography

Galloping the Globe vs. Trail Guide to World Geography

I'm thinking about this for 4th grader to start up in late January. Any thoughts on either program? What are they like, can I do them in the 4 mos we'll have left of this school year?

I was also looking at A Child's Geography, which is awesome except that it seems more science than geography! lol! Anyone use that one?

This post was edited on Jan 02, 2011 02:40 PM

re: Galloping the Globe vs. Trail Guide to World Geography

How about just winging it if you only have 4 months to do it. Pick a continent, pick a country, pick a person, pick some music, and pick an animal all from that country.

We did GtG and loved it but to do it right you need to spend some time on it. I think you could do something like Daily Geography in 4 months if you did a week every day. We like DG.

We are doing GTG along with ATW180. GTG is a supplement for my younger ds as we're doing ATW180, just to keep his interest, and make it not so laborious. I think you could easily do it in 4 months. You would have to set a schedule to make sure of this, but I don't think it would be too much. My 4th grade ds loves it, and would do it everyday all day if he could, lol:)

If you were to use GTG just for geography I think it's doable. You might not get to every single country but you could pick and choose your favourites. Plus, it's not that expensive and you can use it again later or just continue with it next year where you left off.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions