Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Excellence in writing vs writing strands

Excellence in writing vs writing strands

Time and money is not a problem. Which writing program would you choose and why?

re: Excellence in writing vs writing strands

Oh boy! I can't wait to see the answers to this one. I know they are completely different, but I want to see what people say about how they are different. I think this thread could solve all of the world's problems (well, at least my "problems" for "today"). :o)

I use to have a copy of this from The Old Schoolhouse:

"Susan Wise Bauer, co-author of The Well Trained Mind and professor of literature at the College of William & Mary in Virginia, has prepared a chart comparing Writing Strands to Institute for Excellence in Writing at http://www.welltrainedmind.com/J00review.html."

The site is no longer available so I called The Well Trained Mind AND Writing Strands and no one admitted having this comparison. I was SO disappointed!!!

If ANYONE has a copy of that comparison, could you PLEASE send it to me!

Pam

Pam, is that the one that had R&S on it, too? I'm pretty sure I remember what you are talking about, but I haven't been able to find it for a long time either.

Keniki-
Trying sooooo hard to remember. I was thinking it printed out to a 2 page comparison--part was a 'chart' style, part was paragraphs of descriptions. I really can't remember if R&S was on it. Maybe it was mentioned, but I don't think it was on the 'chart' part. OH, how I have searched for this in my boxes of stuff!!

I think we're on the same thing. I'll keep looking. I *may* have that here someplace. I'd love to read it again, too.

Praying....Praying....Praying......
That you have a copy of this!!!! :)

Pam

I have not used Writing Strands, nor looked at it in person. We purchased EIW in July. I just started it last week. We are just getting into the swing of things and not far into it. I like it. It does have a learning curve. It will help my dc with outlining for sure. We worked on stories this week. I don't have a comparison. I never really cared for the WS samples. My evaluator loves IEW and uses it without the SWI. She did advise me to take it slow and to not necessarily do it all in one year. My kids like Mr. Peduwa's humor. I also purchased SWI.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions