Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science (Question)

Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science (Question)

Anyone who has used this before - did you buy any of the extra resources listed (on the web site).

If so, were there any that you felt were tremendously helpful?

re: Apologia Exploring Creation with Physical Science (Question)

We haven't completed the course, but I would say the "extra" that you probably could do without is the companion CD-Rom. It shows some cool experiments that you couldn't duplicate on your own, as well as some other interesting visuals, but you could certainly complete the course without it.

I got it for free as part of a conference special, so I didn't have to pay extra for it. It's probably very much an "extra".

forgetmenot: Thanks! It's under $10 at cbd. I still have a couple more things to get, so that is definitely going on my list!

What about the book list they recommend (on the publisher's web site)? Did you need any of those?

We didn't buy any extras except for a lab kit. Just the book and the tests book. It was just fine without all that extra stuff. There's plenty in it as is.

AKmom - I wish I had talked to you a couple of weeks ago!

Yup, just the text book, lab kit, and test packet is all you really need. Plus, if you go to donnayoung.org, you can print out her schedule for breaking up each module in a reasonable way so you finish in 32 weeks. What a timesaver for me!

http://donnayoung.org/apologia/physical.htm#ed2
Look down and to the right where it says "Edition Two" Exploring Creation with Physical Science Scehdule. She has a Word format or a PDF.

Thanks!

We're sort of going by someone else's schedule, because this will be a co-op class - but will be doing this again in a few years with the younger kids, so it will be good to have that schedule handy!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions