Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

ACE: How many pages a day?

ACE: How many pages a day?

I have my 10 year old dsd doing A.C.E. 1st grade paces. I placed here there due to her learning disability. Right now this level is perfect for her to get used to reading on her own and answering the questions in the stories. I have been having her do two pages, but I feel that she could do more because it is kind of easy for her. How many pages a day do you think I should be having her do?

Thanks!

re: ACE: How many pages a day?

Typically 4 is a good number, but it varies by child.

Hi Summer.

Set a goal of how many pages you would like to accomplish in how many days. 6 paces in 3 months? 6 months? 6 weeks??
Then divide the pages total by the days you want to school. (When I did Paces I put an extra day in every couple of weeks for catch-ups if needed.)

Also, if you think she can do more- then add more. If that seems to bog her down, back them off a little. It all depends on how far out your particular planning goes.

HTH, 3sonsmom

3-4 pages a day or a Pace done per subject every 3 weeks.

Julie in SC

I agree typically it's about 3-4 pages daily. However, if I need to I also take how long each subject is taking to get those pages done each day too. Sometimes I will let it go at 2-3 pages if it's taking too long. We all know there gets to be a point where the eyes glaze over. It doesn't matter how much longer it'll take to get them done. No learning will take place beyond that point.

Thank you everyone. So far she is having no trouble completing the work, so I will have her do 4 pages a day until we get to a point we need to slow down.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions