Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re:

nm

This post was edited on Feb 20, 2013 07:49 AM

re: After years of using Sonlight, we are switching! **and a thank you**

Would you mind terribly sharing some of the things you found out or that you disagree with? I'm not asking to start anything or to try and get you to change your mind or anything like that. I'm asking more to determine if maybe I have some of the same issues and should consider switching. As it is we may start doing our own reading/history/science ala RC but I'm not sure.

Thanks and if you don't want to say that's ok too.

Sarah

I am pleased that you have come to peace w/ things. Isn't it amazing what He can do when we let Him? The discussions here are the BEST!

K

Hello,
I am sorry that anything about Sonlight was troubling to you.
When we used SL really skipped over any of their religious input in the IG. But I can empathize with concerns you might have/have had.
We also found ourselves drawn in a different direction from Sonlight at the beginning of this school year for differing reasons, not related to SL but our own family needs.
I think it's great that you feel good about the direction you are headed. And I look forward to reading about your new adventure!

~Melissa~

re:

This post was edited on Feb 20, 2013 07:50 AM

Thanks Melissa and Kerby!

Sonlight is great for many, but we are just headed down a different path.

Thank you for sharing. I can see what you mean on both counts. Their forums have at times not been as uplifting as one would think they should be. I either don't visit them or avoid the sections that are more controversial. The funny thing about the old earth/young earth stance, I always thought they were young earth but used old earth material.

Anyway, thank you for sharing and I am so glad you have found peace. May your homeschool continue to be blessed.

Sarah

I think this is why it is so great we can pick and choose companies!

Sonlight's company is perfect for us because it is NOT biblically driven. We are Christian, but whether the earth is young or old is really not any concern of mine. I have bigger fish to fry and I have no opinion on the matter really. Guess we all wont find out till we come face to face with God right?

I loved the looks of MFW highschool, however we did not want a curriculum that ties the entire Bible in their curriculum. My dd's would flip if I had the read the entire old and new testaments for history.

Sonlight is perfect for us because it is NOT as conservative as some or most curriculums, yet it still is not secular which we don't want either

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions