Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Has anyone ever used ATI's Wisdom Booklets before?

Has anyone ever used ATI's Wisdom Booklets before?

Hi Everyone,
I was looking at homeschool curriculum and I found this site by Advanced Training Institute International. This is their website: http://ati.iblp.org/ati/about/curriculum/
In my 7 years of homeschooling, I had never heard of this company before. It isn't even listed (to my knowledge) anywhere on this site's review list. Has anyone ever used their curriculum before?
Thanks, Michelle

re: Has anyone ever used ATI's Wisdom Booklets before?

These are from Bill Gothard and the Institute of Basic Life Principles. While attending a Lutheran Bible School back in the 70's my dh attended his course, Institute of Basic Youth Conflicts. His views and teaching are very conservative. The Dugger family use the Wisdom Booklets and attend IBLP family camps every summer. I did some research on this curriculum a few weeks ago after discovering it in the Dugger's book. It looks good and is beautifully illustrated from what I can see. However, I've seen a lot of negative reviews saying some of his teaching is not scriptural. Of course, there are sure to be nay sayers on the internet on every ministry out there, so I take the negatives with a grain of salt.

You can't just buy Wisdom booklets. You have to join ATI. And people who join ATI tend to be very, um, stand-offish from non-ATI people.

We just had a thread about this a few days ago.

You might want to do an Internet search on "ATI" and "Gothard."

I would be careful not to throw a broad scope over people. I know several families who use these and I would not call them "stand offish". They are the nicest families I know.
One friend gave me some of these booklets and they are very nice. I do not use them because I do not wish to pay a large sum of money to use these. They also highly recommend you attend the week long retreats. This is where Josh Duggar met his wife Anna.

In all honesty, I have not researched this controversy, and therefore will refrain from further comments. I am not saying I agree or disagree. I just don't care for people labeling other people when I know for a fact this is not true of all the families.

This post was edited on May 14, 2010 08:53 PM

I believe the family who CQLA sells them. I did a search the other day and found a few companies who sell them, in addition to the CQLA family. I even saw a sample on one site.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions