Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Rod & Staff math/AO Lifepac math

Rod & Staff math/AO Lifepac math

Can someone compare these two? In particular, I'd be looking a R&S 1st grade or Lifepac K. I need simple explainations, more mastery than spiral and lots of practice (drilling math facts). From looking at samples at both websites and reviews here, I've got a little better idea about R&S but can't quite see how AO progresses. And honestly, I'm looking at Lifepacs because they have a little more color:o)! I know, not a great criteria for choosing a math program, but all things being equal, that would push it over the edge for me!

Thanks so much!!!
Cheryl

re: Rod & Staff math/AO Lifepac math

I should also say that BJU is my hands down first choice and it is the price tag that has me looking at R&S and AO!

thanks again!!!!
Cheryl

In considering your criteria, this former AO Lifepac elementary level user would definitely choose R&S over AO if I had the chance again. No, R&S Math isn't colorful at all. But it is a solid, easy to understand program that's v-e-r-y affordable and user-friendly.

Now, mind you, there are other math programs that I might consider using over R&S. But since you only mentioned two, R&S gets my vote, hands down.

JMHO

~cocoa

Thanks, Cocoa. I am actually leaning towards R&S because we are using their preschool (even though she's 6) Counting With Numbers with some success. She really struggles with math.

You know, R&S's oral class time for first through third grades is just so great, it's what would push me towards R&S every time.

Alpha Omega rarely gets raves about its math series.

I use Rod and Staff for many subjects and have liked them all. I really don't think you can go wrong with Rod and Staff.

Thanks so much ladies! This is such an encouraging board!
Rod and Staff it is!!

Ahhhhhh....what a relief:)

Cheryl

Are you sure BJU is out of reach even buying the TE's used? The other two programs are really different than BJU. I'm speaking as one who started with BJU, tried a couple of lesser expensive curriculum (including R&S) and have come back to BJU because both the kids and I like it better. I don't want to throw a wrench in your plan but if its your first choice and works for you guys....

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions