Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Easy Grammar vs Growing with Grammar

Easy Grammar vs Growing with Grammar

If anyone has used both these programs, could you please compare? We've been using and liking GWG, but I'm not sure it's really sticking? Thanks.

re: Easy Grammar vs Growing with Grammar

Is this your first year using GWG? Because the truth is that it isn't always possible to know if something is "sticking" that first year, and some things need more than one year to be stuck. :-)

I like EG because it teaches prepositions first, and that makes sense to me. I haven't used GWG, but the samples I've seen don't appeal to me the way EG does.

I haven't used either but plan to use GWG next year, so if I'm incorrect about this info I ask someone to please correct me. ☺ I believe one major difference between EG & GWG is that EG does not include any diagramming and GWG does. If I'm wrong, please correct me...

Easy Grammar does not include diagramming, Growing with Grammar does. I have used both. I prefer Easy Grammar and also love the prepositional teaching. However, since I am a fan of diagramming, we use Easy Grammar for 3rd and 4th and then transition to CLE in 5th (in the past we transitioned to Rod and Staff).

Thought I would throw this into the mix. Have you checked out Jr. Analytical Grammar/Analytical Grammar?

I have used Analytical Grammar with older children and it is working out great for us.

Other families I know who are using this are getting excellent results too.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions