Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Lifepac and Ace

Lifepac and Ace

what's the difference?

re: Lifepac and Ace

Well, now, you have to ask the question properly or you'll get low points in English today:

What's the difference between Alpha Omega and ACE?

or

What's the difference between LifePacs and Paces?

The first asks about publishers; the second asks about their products. You may not mix them up in a sentence which asks for comparisons.

Thank you for your attention.

::cheeky grin::

This post was edited on Feb 17, 2010 05:12 PM

Ok, I'll take curriculum for $500, is it a daily double Alex?

What's the difference between LifePacs and Paces?

yes, be very careful, the "english police" are everywhere...*sigh*

Lifepacs and ACE are set up very differently. IMHO, ACE is much more user friendly. ACE is mastery. I honestly don't know what Lifepacs are...I was so confused...LOL I just don't/can't recommend them.

ncmom2boys

Cathy Duffy says:
Alpha Omega
"Although Alpha Omega LIFEPACS are similar in format to School of Tomorrow PACEs, Alpha Omega includes a variety of questions to encourage deeper thinking rather than simple recall of factual information."

School of Tomorrow
"School of Tomorrow’s biggest weakness is that the material relies heavily upon simple recall rather than deeper thinking. Students can scan for the correct answer without having to really think about the material. There is little to encourage deeper thinking. From about fifth grade and up, more thinking and application skills are required, but the curriculum never operates at the same thinking-skill levels as curriculum from other major Christian publishers."

For the full review, copy/paste this address into your browser.
http://cathyduffyreviews.com/major-publishers.htm
Scroll down, they are in alphabetical order.

We use Switched on Schoolhouse, a computerized version of LifePacs. =)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions