Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Christian kids explore earth and space or Apologia astronomy

Christian kids explore earth and space or Apologia astronomy

Opinions on either of these books. Is one better than the other? Thanks

this is for a 4th grader (with maybe 1st tagging along)

re: Christian kids explore earth and space or Apologia astronomy

I can't compare the two, but I can tell you that we absolutely LOVED the Apologia Astronomy book! Ds wanted to do astronomy. I kicked, screamed, and fought (okay, not really, but you get the idea), but I lost. I didn't like astronomy, and I sure didn't want to spend a WHOOOOLLLLEEEE semester doing astronomy! I not only learned from it, I learned to enjoy astronomy! We have her other books too, but this is easily our favorite!

HTH :o)

I have not used Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space but I have purchased CK Explore Biology and CK Explore Chemistry. I have also used Apologia Astronomy( I actually have ALL the Elementary Apologia books and used all but 1 so far). We much prefer Apologia over Christian Kids Explore...
We did not like the CK Explore Biology at all. We never got past the 3 or 4th Chapter. It is a bit of a dull book (to us anyway) and the explainations are sparse. The Elementary Apologia books are much more intresting, colorful and in depth. We have enjoyed what we have used of the CK Explore Chemistry but I still think it is not nearly as informative and educational as the Apologia books.

HTH,
Linda

We loved Apologia Astronomy!!
There were wonderful color pictures
and it was written in a conversational way.
The kids say that's one of their favorite
"library" books that we have. :)

Michelle32

We are currently using Apologia Astronomy in our co-op and it is GREAT!!!! My kids LOVE it! Very easy to read/understand and ideas for activities and field trips too. I love that they are learning about how great God is in the process! :)

AGain, I am going to be the voice of dissension. My kids really, really did not like the Apologia Astronomy. They thought the experiments were silly. They did not like the tone the author took. The pictures were beautiful and I asked them if I should keep it just for that and my 2 oldest asked me to get it out of the house. And my kids love astronomy. They want to go use the telescope when it is below freezing. They want to get up at 4 am to see Saturn.

Loved Apologia Astronomy and plan to use it again with youngers!

My children and myself also love Apologia Astronomy. I don't about the other one.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions