Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Schedule for Apologia General Science

Schedule for Apologia General Science

I looked at the schedule for this science at donnayoung.org, but it looks more like a checklist than a schedule. Has anyone here used the schedule by My Father's World? How did that work for you? Have you used the donna young one and did you like it? I'm thinking I would need one that has the days of the week and what to do on what day. Thanks for your input!

re: Schedule for Apologia General Science

Sonlight has wonderful schedules for Apologia. These are weekly schedule sheets that have daily reading (page numbers), a list of vocabulary terms, a list of supplies needed for experiments that week, and the companion cd schedule. It is broken down into 36, 5 day weeks.

The schedule for this would be Sonlight Science 7. You can go to the link below and click on sample page to see what it looks like.

http://www.sonlight.com/7TSA.html

This post was edited on Aug 24, 2009 09:16 PM

This is our first week with Apologia General and yes, we're using the MFW schedule with it. I love the simplicity of the schedule. Most scheduled programs drive me crazy. This one is perfect. Their schedule has the student doing science four days per week, M-Th with Fridays free or for catching up. Love that! They list the supplies needed for each Module and then tell the student which pages/topics to read and what to watch or listen to on the CD-rom (like vocabulary pronunciations). They also list the experiment to be completed on each given day, as well as any "On your Own" work or tests. Simple Simon. Easy Peasy. And highly recommended. P.S. They also include:
* a master list of supplies needed for the entire school year in case you want to buy everything up front.
* a nice, brief intro about Apologia General Science and how to use their MFW plans with this program
HTH :-)

We use the one from MFW, too.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions