Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Trying to decide between Homeschool Tracker and Edu-Track

Trying to decide between Homeschool Tracker and Edu-Track

Anyone give me some guidance? I am an organizer but hate paper. I would love to be able to do my organizing on the computer and print off the assignments each week for the kids instead of painfully writing it all out in their assm books. Also, ds is going to be in 5th grade and DH would like me to be keeping track of grades from 5th grade on so ds has a better idea of how he is doing. (If he misses things I have him redo them but dh wants his "first" score recorded because he thinks he just gets the work done and doesn't care about a score.)

ANYWAY, which have you found to be best?

re: Trying to decide between Homeschool Tracker and Edu-Track

I have both. (I don't use both)

I started with homeschool tracker basic. I liked it ok but found it alittle difficult to change dates on assignments if we didnt' do something that day..

I then went to a convention and like what I saw with edutrack. I like the chore charts and such so I got the $5 trial and loved it!!

Then with homeschool tracker plus you could download lesson plans so I bought that and dowloaded lesson plans from others (I joined a yahoo group) but I was using mostly bob jones homesat and they wouldn't allow lesson plan exchanges so i went back to edutrack...

I am now using edutrack and they also have a download lesson plan option. You can download them for a small fee (I think it's like 1.99 but I am not using homesat now and am mixing and matching so I just put in my own lesson plans... if find that for me Edutrack is much easier... I like how I can imput, bump things if we don't finish it and such... REally simple.. The downside is it costs money and upgrades cost where as when you get the homeschool tracker plus upgrades are free... I will really be going through both this summer before starting up again and testing them thouroughly to make sure but as of right now Edutrack is the one for me...

Debi in RI

I just bought Edu Track at a homeschool convention today. I was amazed at all this software offers! It is exactly what I have been searching for.

I've also tried both and I prefer HST Plus.
The big thing for me was not having to pay for updates. I find HST plus very easy to use. I think it's just one of those things that while it may work for one it won't work for all. Isn't that just the way with homeschooling :)

Kel

Perhaps things have changed since I looked into these a few years ago...

I prefer HST plus. Once I got the hang of it, it was really easy to use. Plus, once you buy it all the updates are free downloads or something like $5 for a disc. I believe with Edu Track you have to purchase each update and that you have to renew it? Like I said, its been a while since I did my research. I just remember I liked that I only had to pay for HST once.

You do have to buy the updats but not renew it... I haven't bought an update in 3 years though...

Debi in Ri

I've never tried Edu Track, but I love HST+. I use it everyday, I put lesson plans in over the summer for the next year and just click on them and assign them to dates, I print out reports, I use the daily assignment page as my planner, I could go on and on.

And I love the support for the product. If I have a question, I just go to their forum and usually someone else has already asked the same thing. If not, I get an answer almost immediately after posting my question.

AND - HST+ is Vista compliant with the latest update.

All this for one price. I'm continually amazed at the quality of the program.

Amanda

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions