Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: Has anyone used 106 days of Creation Studies from Simply Charlotte Mason?

Has anyone used 106 days of Creation Studies from Simply Charlotte Mason?

This little study fascinates me. Has anyone used it? It looks so darling to use with lower elementary or to add on to an already existing science study?

Please share your experience if you have?

blessings!

dee

Is there a website with more info on this? I must admit the title has me intrigued too! :)

Edited to add:
I googled it and just looked at the samples and it looks like it'd be great for someone who wants everything totally planned out for them. The price is very reasonable too. Hopefully someone who has tried it will chime in!

This post was edited on Mar 27, 2008 08:34 PM

bump!

Okay, I guess I'm going to have to be the first one to try it! LOL!

Blessings!!

Dee in Sunny FL!

I hope you see this --- I just saw the question but it's been so long since it was posted. We've used 106 days of Creation Studies and it was great. We are totally CM so it fit in nicely with the philosophy. Even though it's suggested for grades 1-6, even my older children went along with this and then did Apologia on their own. We tried it last year and it was well worth the money spent. The only thing I had a hard time with was a book called Yellow and Pink -- our libraries did not have it and it was EXPENSIVE to buy from ANYWHERE (E-bay, Amazon, etc). So we skipped the reading portion and continued from there. I plan on re-doing this same program in a year or two just as a "recycled" lesson. It really was good.

Thank you for posting. I have the book Yellow and PInk and it has become one of our favorites. I paid 17 dollars for it at Barnes and Nobles from another dealer thinking that I could resell it if we didn't like it...but it is just so precious to us, I'm glad we own it.

I have most of the books already, so I just have to go ahead and get the study.

I'm glad to hear that you liked it, enjoyed it, and are even thinking of going through it again.

Blessings!!!

Dee

Oh, we just read Yellow and Pink yesterday! Our library has it, thankfully. It's a neat little book!

I, too, have looked at the 106 Days study, and it's VERY tempting. ;o)

Wow, a lot of sellers are charging a TON for Yellow and Pink! I looked into it after reading this thread, and couldn't believe the prices! I did a lot of internet searching though, and finally found a used bookstore selling it for only $10. :) Hopefully it was still in stock and I'll be able to get it. I got my paypal email but I'm waiting to hear from the store to get a confirmation from them directly. Of course, it's Sunday, so I'm not expecting anything yet.

I've got lots of science plans lined up to keep us busy for quite a while, so I'm not sure if we'll ever use 106 Days, but it looks great... I'm keeping it in mind! I wanted that Yellow and Pink book regardless though! :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions