Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

MFW Timeline...

MFW Timeline...

does anyone have any links to some pics of what a time-line looks like for Adventures?

thanks

Denise

re: MFW Timeline...

I don't have pictures and ours probably isn't very exciting. We bought Rod and Staff's Human Register (colorful, laminated but not super detailed) and put it up on the wall. I copied the MFW: Adv. timeline figures & laminated them. We sticky tack them to the wall near the time period & stretch a piece of yarn from the figure to the exact time on the Human Register. Works for us and the kids enjoy looking at it.

Daisy that is so smart! We have that same register and I never even thought about putting my own figures on it too. Duh!

thanks Daisy...I like the yarn idea!

It is nothing fancy, but here is a picture of ours-
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v466/blessedmom2/?action=view&current=P7310004.jpg

thanks homekeeper...another great way to do it. I am definitely short on space so something I can fold and put away is great.

That's how we pretty much do it, too, Homekeeper. Though my 6th grader has the Book of Time from SL because I'd bought it several years ago, but the folding kind like that one is working for the 3rd grader.

I'd like to do something bigger and more visible on the wall, but we can't do it until after the house sells (or the contract expires, whichever comes first).

I like the Human Register idea! I've looked at that before and thought it might be a nice tool to have.

I am so NOT creative in things like this!

BTW, I made 2 extra sets of those timeline figures and laminated them. We use them for memory. We also are using them for quick review. The kids look at the figure and tell me everything they can remember about it. They also have fun putting them in order.

Oh, and I mounted them on construction paper and then laminated them so you couldn't see through them.

This post was edited on Sep 05, 2007 12:07 AM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions