Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Homeschool names?

re: Homeschool names?

Since we have three children, we used the first initial of each child's name in birth order. We wanted something that was easy to remember, so the name of our school is CJE Christian Academy. We also have a Mission Statement, Education Goals and Curriculum guideline based on biblical principles. It helps tremendously to review these when homeschooling gets a little rough, so that we are gently reminded why we began this journey in the first place. I think this year we will have the children choose school colors and maybe a mascot.

Martin Family Homeschool. really original. :)

Because of this verse in Psalms

As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 aHappy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

We are the Little Arrows Academy.

When they are older I may change to Five Arrows Academy.

You are inspiring me to come up w/a name. Maybe that will be our first project.

Our last name is the same a famous mind, so I've considered using that for the double meaning.

You guys have put some thought into your school names and come up w/some great ones.

Spetzi

This really got me thinking because we had been using the name of the provider we used and did not like so we need a new name. So we chose today and I found a great website for materials for us to study and use for a poster that we already cut and pasted :-) We are going to use the name...
Full Armor of God Bible Academy
Here is a great website that has something that could really be used as a study about all the armor of God. We're going to do a little study on that in honor of our new name! http://www.pegsplace.us/armor.html

WE took part of my maiden name and part of my husband's surname and created ours. Nuttcase Academy. He brought the Nutt and I brought the Case. Sometimes it is very accurate!

Christa

WE took part of my maiden name and part of my husband's surname and created ours. Nuttcase Academy. He brought the Nutt and I brought the Case. Sometimes it is very accurate!

Christa

Nuttcase Academy is the MOST hilarious thing I have ever heard! You had me rolling! They say truth is funnier than fiction. ;)

Well, I took the last name of an ancestor who was a college professor. We were told to avoid using our own last name so we used another family member's name and called ourselves Brinker Academy. It had a distinguished flavor to it but I felt guilt about using the term "academy" since I am not a degreed teacher. The kids felt no connection with the name I had picked either. I asked them to pick give suggestions. One child said gave the offer of "Liberty Gospel School" and that stuck. Our motto is and always hass been, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Our mission statement is, as another poster mentioned, a reminder to my husband and I when times get tough and we become forlorned by the enormity of the task God has set before us. The learning will come after they first respect God. The respect comes from knowing Him well. close aquaintances are those you spend time with often and refer to in your daily life. When we stray from that perspective, we stray from the liberty that home school provides and the whole task becomes undaunting. There is liberty in the Gospel by which we live our daily lives. I am proud of our one son for remembering that and coming up with a name so fitting for our purpose and mission statement. Perhaps you could ask your children to submit ideas and say that you and your hubby will make the final decision or combine ideas to make a unified name.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions