Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

IEW online class? or EIW grading serice?

IEW online class? or EIW grading serice?

I'm thinking of trying an IEW online writing class for my daughter next year. Has anyone tried this? I would love to get some reviews of the class.

My second choice is using EIW with their grading service. Does anyone have any reviews of this service?

Thank you!!!

re: IEW online class? or EIW grading serice?

Both of those options look great to me, and I'm considering both as well. I just wanted to say that last year, when we first tried EIW, I considered getting the evaluations done but at the beginning of the year all the spots were already filled. So you might have to sign up early to get a spot for that service.

Thank you, Kanda.

Did you use Essentials in Writing this year? Did you like it?

Sorry, I do not have reviews for on line classes or grading services, but I do want to jump in and say that we have LOVED EIW AND EIL this year! We used level 7 of both. I am jumping both older dss to level 9 next year.

Pam

Thank you wehave8. : )

I'm looking through level 10, and I like what it covers, but I don't like most of the prompts.

Do you use the given prompts or come up with your own?

I love EIW and IEW. My older 2 did IEW last year, and it was the first writing program they both enjoyed and didn't complain about. But this year they are both doing EIW, level 7 and level 9. They are doing very well with it and I love the teaching aspect. Matthew Stephens does a better job than I ever will. And the things my kids have written this past year are better than anyything they've done before. He breaks everything up into such small bits that the kids never complain about anything. We will be starting level 5 soon with one of my younger kids, and definitely plan to continue using EIW every year. As for the prompts, some of them are definitely boring. But I just google 'persuasive essay prompts' and let my kids pick from the hundreds of choices there are online if they don't like the ones given in EIW.

Thank you, Kanda! I think I'm going to go with EIW with the grading service. I love IEW, but I think EIW will be a better fit for my daughter right now.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions