Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Saxon with Art Reed DVD success story! (and CLE)

Saxon with Art Reed DVD success story! (and CLE)

I just have to share-
My 2 oldest dc (currently 9th and 10th graders) have been using Saxon with Art Reed DVDs since Algebra 1. They are currently in Advanced Math. Yesterday they took the PERT test so they can apply for dual enrollment at the college. My 10th grader got the highest possible score on the math section (150)! My 9th grader got a 142. They are both eligible to take another test to place higher than college algebra if they want to.

These 2 dc used CLE math until they placed into Saxon Algebra 1. I definitely give the Saxon/Art Reed combo credit for helping my dc build such a strong algebra foundation. CLE gets credit too; it definitely got them ready for higher math courses.

Just wanted to share! :)

re: Saxon with Art Reed DVD success story! (and CLE)

PTL!

That is GREAT!!! And TERRIFIC scores!
Thanks for sharing.

Pam

re: Saxon with Art Reed DVD success story! (and CLE)

yeah, that's great and wonderful!!!!

(we're also a saxon "success" story but we didn't use that person's dvd series. We used mfw's lesson plans and just the textbook. didn't even use dvd or cd rom from other sources. yikes! such rebels we are and worse, we put a year of jacob's geometry in there per my husband's insistence. yes, he's qualified to have that input)

Oldest and Middle both earned the scores they needed on big ACT test to meet their college goals. Oldest graduates in 9 weeks from college and one of her 3 STEM majors is math (the others are electrical engineernig, and comp. sci). in high school, she used through Advanced (by end of grade 11) but did other stuff for calc. Middle gal finished Advanced in grade 12 and doesn't need calc for her college goals.

ok, so maybe not as good of a story as yours. but it's that time of the quarter where we have to bump posts to knock down the spam bots.

congratulations!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions