Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

History with Notebooking?

History with Notebooking?

We recently used Sonlight’s free unit on Korea that correlated with the Olympics. My kids, who range in age, really liked it. It was a simplified Sonlight where we just read out of a book and listened for answers to fill in their notebook pages. For instance, “list 3 things about S. Korea’s wildlife.” It helped them pay attention and it was relevant as we watched the Olympics.
Anyway, instead of doing 3 different programs like I am now (ugh!) we all thought “why don’t we do something together?” I know I can just get Sonlight’s Core F where the sample is from, which we are considering in a pared down fashion because there’s just too many books. But are there any similar history options out there? Not so much workbook pages but more notebook pages where they have to listen and choose things that stand out to them.
Do Angela O’Dell’s history books have that kind of structure? If I remember right there are notebook pages. Any suggestions? Thanks!

re: History with Notebooking?

Layers of Learning has notebooking pages with their history and could be done with multiple ages together:
https://layers-of-learning.com/

Mystery of History has notebooking pages:
https://www.themysteryofhistory.com/store/the-mystery-of-history-volume-i/volume-i-notebooking-pages/

It seems like you could take any history book and find someone, somewhere on the web whose made notebooking pages to go with it. Just an observation.

We are still reading through that freebie from Sonlight - wow, what good discussions about North Korea we've had. It's been very good. I can see the appeal of the program.

re: History with Notebooking?

Thanks, Hopefulmama, for those ideas! I didn’t realize MOH has notebooking pages, coloring pages, etc. That is one of the books I was using with my oldest.
The Layers of Learning program looks really good and fun, and spans all ages. I’ve requested a free unit to try, so we’ll see. I’ve got some good options now!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions