Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: re: LLATL Revised Editions Coming SOON

You can take books to stores like Office Max, have them remove bindings and remake them with a spiral binding. I think it might have been about $2.00, if that, for the store to take the binding off my MOH Volume 2 so that I could split it between a couple of 3 ring binders. It was well worth it to me to make it a more user friendly and manageable size. It’s been handy for temporarily removing certain pages to be photocopied for my multiple kiddos that are using it, too.

Cutting the binding off the LLATL books may be a solution for some, but I guess I don't want to have to do a bunch of extra work in order to use what are supposed to be ready-to-use consumable workbooks.

I've noticed the same thing with some other one-book curriculums, and I don't like (or won't use) them, either.

LLATL comes in PDF form.

Their website says they are available now. I'm looking through some samples. They've changed the numbering for each day. It now says "Day 1", "Day 2", etc. Some of the book studies are different.

The first thing I noticed is that the first lesson in Tan used to be a passage from Psalms and now it's from The Taming of the Shrew. Not really a fan of that one.

This post was edited on Feb 28, 2018 12:37 PM

Hmmmm. Been looking at the samples. Not sure if the difference is drastic enough to justify a new Purple book if I already have an old one. I will, however, be ordering the new gray and possibly orange.

ETA: I got a better look now that I am home and am able to see them on my laptop. I like what I see! I am looking forward to ordering these.

This post was edited on Feb 28, 2018 09:19 PM

re: re: re: LLATL Revised Editions Coming SOON

I’ve always loved the idea of LLATL. Tried it a few times. Always walked away because of layout and just feeling like it wasn’t enough. I looked at the new samples. Unless I’m missing something, the samples look pretty much the same.

re: re: re: LLATL Revised Editions Coming SOON

I kinda' feel like they look about the same, too.

The PDF option is new, Tammyb. I've never been a fan of having to print books for school, no matter what subject it's for.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions