Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Sabbath Mood high school level science?

Sabbath Mood high school level science?

Anyone using this for highschool? Pros and cons?

re: Sabbath Mood high school level science?

We used a bit of the Chemistry curriculum from Sabbath Mood. I actually loved it and my daughter enjoyed it as well.

Here is why we stopped using it. There is an experiment every, single week and, while that is a nice thought, it's just too much to carry out practically in our homeschool. You have to order special chemicals and things and they usually just didn't get done in our house. I find the experiments in Apologia to be much more doable in a home setting and we pick and choose which ones to do while still using a complete curriculum that is high school level.

The curriculum is meant to be used 3 days a week for one term each year which integrates science in a more CM manner. She recommends you do two other sciences on the other two days of the school week. It all just felt like too much to juggle for us-it was too complicated. Some people might thrive on that kind of schedule but we are more keep it simple kind of people.

Lastly, while my science minded daughter enjoyed the curriculum, she didn't feel it would properly prepare her for a college education with a possible science major.

The books were good. The curriculum guide is well done. They truly offer a living approach to science. I think it's a great alternative to traditional, textbook science. In the end, it just didn't work out for our family.

re: Sabbath Mood high school level science?

Thank you for letting me know about the details of experiments and schedule.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions