Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

After supper family devotions

After supper family devotions

Well my kids are are in school now. :(
They do get some discipleship from Sunday School and from their Wednesday Church Club. We do pray at home lots but I feel like since we stopped homeschooling there is a gap there. We used to do and talk about Jesus so often --- He was integrated into our entire day. Now I feel like I'm forced to do a separate "family devotions" after supper. I have all ages from 18 down to 5.

Any ideas ??? Anything new and exciting in this area??

re: After supper family devotions

So sorry. Why did you send them to school. I apologize I have no answers. Others then seek God concerning you need.

Dear titus2,
I was just thinking of you recently, and sadly wondering if you would be on here again. Thank you for sharing with us.

I agree with the above poster, "seek God concerning you need." I'm having a hard time putting puzzle pieces together in my life right now (priorities, trying to figure out what's REALLY important and what's not, etc, etc), so that advice goes for me, too.

We almost always pray together as a family before going to bed. And our day goes much better if we have had devotions together in the morning. In the evenings, we often gather together in the kitchen/dining room or living room, and talk and share things. Those are special times of sharing, asking Daddy questions on just about any imaginable topic, discussing things and ideas, the future, our dreams, etc. Often it's a moral or Bible question. Nearly everyone pitches into the conversation one point or another.
When we children were smaller (most of us are teens or older now), Mommy would read story after story to us. Children learn a lot from stories (don't we all? I think that's why Jesus told so many stories/parables).

Prayers for your family. (((hugs)))

My husband leads prayer and Bible reading to our family in the evening. Our children are preschool thru age 14. We have done this since our oldest was very small. They know a lot of Bible from these evenings!

We have done some studies here and there. Mostly though we have read the Scriptures and talked about them. We do believe the Word is true and sufficient.

My DH leaves for work early (before the kids are up at 7) so I read morning Bible to them. Their reading of Scripture is integrated into their school day (homeschooled).

I know what you mean about Jesus being a part of the day as homeschoolers. I’m sorry you lost that blessing. I would agree with the others to pray to the LORD for His wisdom to help you through the transition and keeping Jesus central.

HTH

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions