Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Heart of Dakota question

Heart of Dakota question

For those that have used Heart of Dakota, have any of you used Creation to Christ, Resurrection to Reformation, Revival to Revolution and Missions to Modern Marvels for the high school years? Of course, we would have to beef up the science and math.
Can it be done?

re: Heart of Dakota question

I've used all of those guides, but not for high school. They can definitely be beefed up and be used for high school credit. I'm sorry I'm not much help with it, but there are some threads at the top of the HOD message board that has the details of how you'd go about it. Best wishes! ;)

re: Heart of Dakota question

Hi,
We used most of these for our high school actually. Because of the timing of when the guides were being released we didn't have time to do the high school guides and the pp is correct that the history (with extensions I think) is high school worthy.

Because of timing I only counted American History for my kids. We ended up doing Notgrass for World History just because we needed that credit. We did count the 1/4 credit of each of those guides for Geography and Bible for the last two guides (but that is because we still had 2 years of bible to do).
I added either one or 1/2 Fine Arts credit for the combined music appreciation and Nature journal even though it was in two different guides.
I'd have to see what else I counted. I can't remember.
We had our own math all the way through so we just kept that at grade level.
Science was a hodge podge, but we did what worked for us. We did some of the HOD choices, but not all.

HTH,
Sherry

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions