Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Simply Charlotte Mason geography.

Simply Charlotte Mason geography.

Had anyone used just the geography portions? Thoughts?

re: Simply Charlotte Mason geography.

I've used Simply Charlotte Mason geography for the past two years and my daughter and myself really enjoy it. It is the only SCM curriculum that I use. We do it once a week and each course lasts a school year when used this way-it was designed to be used in this manner. I incorporate it into our history time slot.

I've heard some people use several guides for a year long study in geography but I don't think I would enjoy using it that way.

If you're specifically looking for a geography curriculum for elementary school, my friend loves Cantering the Country and Galloping the Globe.

re: Simply Charlotte Mason geography.

SCM geography lessons are only 1 day a week, and they're pretty short. If you're talking about high school, you should know that they're definitely NOT a full credit, or even a half-credit, because they literally only take a few minutes, maybe about 40 total *with* mapwork. (Not every lesson is mapwork; many are just reading and narrating about people in other cultures.) And Sonya says that the entire history module (*including* the geography day each week) is only a half-credit for the whole year.

The "Visits to xxx" would make a nice weekly (weekly if you want it to last a full year) supplement to another program, but definitely not a full course.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions