Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Favorite World Geography Curr??

Favorite World Geography Curr??

I have graduated 3 and used ACE World Geography for those three. I’ll have a 9th grader next year and I’m not certain that ACE’s WG is the best fit for him. It might work fine but I’m just not sure yet. I want to hear your favorite World Geography choices, please.

Praising Him,
Kim

re: Favorite World Geography Curr??

We liked abeka but at the time we were using the dvd course. Three of my dc have done it and liked it. It made geography very doable. It’s only a half credit course.

I’m trying to decide what I’ll do next year for my 4th dc as I am really not sure we will do a full enrollment and one course is very expensive.

So I’m following this thread too. ;)

I second Abeka. My ds likes the DVD course. He just has trouble with all the quizzes and tests. I am trying to figure that out now!
The teacher on DVD is good!

fun@home

I tried Abeka but much preferred Heart of Dakota. Whatever I used, I love the free download Seterra!

We use Northstar Geography for 9th from Bright Ideas Press. My daughter seems to like it.

This post was edited on Jan 18, 2018 12:06 PM

Bumping because I need more ideas too.

My son is enjoying BJU Cultural Geography. We just wait for the $99 online special. It is a full year course.

Kanda,

Do you do the DVD or on-line course where a teacher is presenting it? Do you feel that is worth it?

Thanks!

Kim

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions