Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Christian Kids Explore Science series

Christian Kids Explore Science series

Is anyone familiar with these? If you have used them what did you think?

re: Christian Kids Explore Science series

It’s been a while. It’s only ok. Very blah to look at but the information is there.just wasn’t a hi5 with us.

re: Christian Kids Explore Science series

experience with biology and chemistry.

I used them "off lablel" with my youngest. She was older than the recommend age/grade level but was working at those lower levels due to her special ed situation. and someone locally was selling at used books event so the price was nice :)

not only did I use it out of age range, but we didn't try to make it last at one lesson per week either. It was about one lesson per day with the specific intent to review previously knowledge and maybe grab a hook on a new thing here and there. Toward that goal, biology worked.

We used biology. I wasn't all that thrilled with the layout of the text, but it was nice enough for the goal we had. I don't know what I would have thought about it if I had used it with oldest or middle when they were grades 3-4. But I'm glad I paid a very low price at used event.

chemistry: I liked CKES chemistry better. Again, I was reviewing with it (while waiting for Friendly Chemistry book 2 to arrive), and then getting to learn some newer info. I was lukewarm about biology, but actually liked the Chem book. If I had used it with my older two children in grades 3-6 ish, it would have worked. I would have wanted a bit more for those two for jr. high (grades 7-8), but for upper elementary it would have been nice. Read a tiny bit. Review with "fill in blank" (can do out loud, or as my youngest did -- write those out as copy work and fill in blank). Little activity.
oh, I used the older version of chem where you didn't have a resource cd for printing pages. I just used at home printer and/or regular notebook paper and copied relevant stuff by hand into a notebook.

We didn't do the "coloring pages".

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions