Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

music

music

Another bumper filler thread.....

I am reading Story of the Orchestra to my children right now. One of the pages and CD tracks was on Richard Wagner. One of them came to me later and showed me a clip of a Hogan's Heroes episode where that same Die Walkure was played. Good ear!

re: music

and I don't know if your student caught it or not, but not only the song, but the title of the episode was based on Wagner according to this source

http://hh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flight_of_the_Valkyrie

quote "... Richard Wagner, is mentioned in the episode.Also, the episode's title, The Flight of the Valkyrie, is based loosely on the song, The Ride of the Valkyries, which is played before and during the third act of his play, Die Walküre (The Valkyrie).

ok.. now I'm sure someone out there has it uploaded on video sharing site and all of that.

eta
This is the clip, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYpOamy1NfQ

This post was edited on Dec 28, 2017 02:57 PM

Yep. That's the clip. Love Schultz. lol.

I have eyed The Story of the Orchestra many times. So tempting...

I eyed it for a while too. I got it to fill up a dollar amount for an order to qualify for cree shipping.

We are hanging out at Mozart this week because I got a biography on my library's overdrive to read.

YouTube is great for finding additional music and some videos of locations.

Story of the Orchestra is in our public library, it's a great book. I'm tempted to buy it too!

It's in our library too. just picked it up. :)

finding I really like The Story of Orchestra book. thanks :) first part is composers, and then instruments. love it. read a little, listen a little enjoy next page tomorrow.

of course, with the topic of Ride of Valkyries, it did end up in our house being a reason to watch What's Opera Doc?
you know.... kill the wabbit

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions