Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

When is everyone starting Christmas break?

When is everyone starting Christmas break?

This site is being inundated with spam! So I am trying to make new posts to knock them off the page.

We have about half an hour of school today, and then will be on break till the first or second week of January. I haven't exactly decided when we will start back yet, but it might be the second week due to doctor appointments.

re: When is everyone starting Christmas break?

When we were hsing, we put all our Official School Stuff away at Thanksgiving, and started back up about the middle of January.

This is our second week of break. We will go back in the 2nd.

My senior has finished her community college classes, but is working on preparing for a CLEP test over the break and is working on scholarship applications.

My 7th grader's finishes his assignments today.

My 10th grader has a few things to finish. It's possible that he will be done today, but more likely on Friday.

So all in all we will have 1 entire week off between Christmas and New Year's, plus a few days, depending on the child.

y senior has finished her community college classes, but is working on preparing for a CLEP test over the break and is working on scholarship applications.

coastalcarol

(since we're bumping to avoid seeing spam flood) wanted to let you know a neat resource for that. called modernstates.org
They have short review courses for clep prep (free!). Assumes you'd done a course in the material and need to review and prep. and check out their "freshman year for free" program. We've used one of the vouchers for clep this month. it's done in conjunction with college board (makers of clep) where you take one of their review courses and then get voucher for the exam fee.
the only thing that we seem to add for prep is having several practice exams beyond what ModernState offers.

We've been out all week. ☺

I think we're taking the first week of January off, because that is when relatives from far away are coming. We might take the second week, too, but I'm not sure yet.

We've been doing catch up type work this week since we were off a week earlier this month. We plan to be off next week since hubby will be off. I wish we could have gotten more in this week other than catch up work, but too much to do for the holidays!

fun@home

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions