Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Language arts supplement

Language arts supplement

We are currently using Queen Homeschool Language Lessons. We all really like it, but as the mom I feel the need to supplement with something more. I just want to be sure the kids are well prepared moving forward. I don't want something super teacher intensive. We are working towards more independence, at least with my older two. I am strongly considering Ace, but am not 100% sure about it yet.

As a side note, we used Rod and Staff for a couple years and do NOT want to go back there.

The kids are in grades 3, 5 and 7 in English roughly. If we have to go back and review a bit that's fine.

I was also looking at Language Lessons for Today.

re: Language arts supplement

We just started Language Lessons for Today and we love it. We are using grades 2,4,and 6. Now, the grammar is pretty basic for the older 2 because we've used some grammar intensive programs in the past. But this program is definitely a breath of fresh air for us. I've used some Queens years ago, and wasn't impressed at all. I also don't want to go back to a grammar intensive program. So LTT has been a really good fit for us. CBD has quite a few sample pages. The books are very affordable, and non-consumable as well.

This is our first year to use Queens Language. We like it, but I also felt like I needed to add something. So this is what I added:
Daily Grams, Spelling Workout, And Essentials in Writing.

I know this sounds like a lot, but it doesn't take us very long at all to do and I've seen a huge jump in their writing and grammar skills!!!

Bump

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions