Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Apologia Zoology 1 for 7th grade?

Apologia Zoology 1 for 7th grade?

My 11yo son really wants to do Apologia Zoology 1 next year for 7th grade. He's currently doing Zoology 3 and really enjoying it. I noticed that it says K-6 on the book.

Are the activities and notebooking things too young for a 7th grader? Would you do this book in 7th or find something else?

re: Apologia Zoology 1 for 7th grade?

I would do whatever you want to do!! ;)

If I did it in 7th grade, I would schedule it so that it's done in one semester. You can do another book for 2nd semester or pick something else entirely.

I have a 10th grader who wants to do a year of zoology next year, and I can't find anything written for high school that's *just* zoology. So I'm thinking that we'll do all three of the elementary zoology books, and add in extra reading on specific animals, research papers, and extra labs. I've heard from a number of people that it's pretty easy to beef up the books and make it challenging enough for high school; I'd think you could do the same for 7th grade.

Thanks! Yes, he is actually doing Zoology 3 in one semester this year and next semester he's going to do What's That Bird from Memoria Press because he's such a bird fanatic. That's why he wanted to do Zoology 1 next year. I will have to find something else for the second semester next year. Good advice.

Bump

One of my girls did Zoo 1 in 7th grade, but she also did Anatomy that year. He should be able to easily do Zoo 1 in a semester.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions