Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Google Docs...

Google Docs...

Help me out here, I hate google, and we have a class that wants to use google docs.

Call me crazy, but I don't trust google, can you tell me why I should trust them.

We have several forms to fill out and they contain lots of info that a place who sells info would really enjoy.

Go ahead and convince I am being paranoid.

But you are speaking to some one who does no banking on line and never fills out forms online. I just call places to do my shopping, my thought has always been that I cannot do as well as target or other business who have had their files broken in to.

re: Google Docs...

I have google documents on my phone and they never asked for any personal information other than my google email address, which I never use for anything anyway. Maybe you can set up a gmail account, which is Google's email, and then not need to put all the personal info down? Is google documents asking for all the info or the class asking for the info? If it is google documents, I would be suspicious, simply because my experience was that they never took or wanted any info from me to set up.

re: Google Docs...

No it's the class asking for contact info and ages and stuff that I just try not to divulge online.

I just generally try to not be present on the internet, and the rumors are that gooogle spies on people and does stuff with information, so my thinking is that that would be giving them an awful lot of data that I have avoided putting online as best that I am able.

I am just a cavewoman and slow to change, so I was hoping that I could find a way to get over it here.

I know /or think I know that they generally speaking, scan emails for info, so why wouldn't the data from anyone's paperwork not also get scanned and used however they like?

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions