Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Aleks?

Aleks?

I've been researching this a bit. I found out about it from my college ds whose college uses it for homework.
Anyone use this now? What's your experience?

re: Aleks?

For doing high school stuff at home, that's one thing. back to that in a minute...

For those who have been using aleks hoping to get 'ace credit" for intro level math course, well, this blog and group gave up on that route. here
https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.com/2017/09/03/breaking-news-aleks-is-dead/

The title is a little over dramatic, but you know... there was a time it was usable as getting some colleges to recognize the credit and now it isn't.

clarify that: that's not the same situation if one uses it solely for high school class at home. I'm not talking that it would disqualify for admission. nope. just mean not "college credit" course.

anyway, two of mine used it briefly. Nothing memorable about the experience. sorta was ok, sorta wasn't. oldest didn't like the style. meh.

hope you get someone with positive feedback to balance all of that out.

Thanks, cb! That was just what I wanted to know. I had seen that about credit and didn't realize that wasn't any good anymore.

Thanks, cb! That was just what I wanted to know. I had seen that about credit and didn't realize that wasn't any good anymore.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions