Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

When are you starting your school year?

When are you starting your school year?

I know there are a number of families who school year round or have already started. Either way, what is your starting date? If you have begun, how are things going? If you are still waiting, what are you looking forward to?

I'm getting excited but we're only starting Sept. 4. (We always start on Labour Day since we're self-employed and don't take the day off anyway.)

re: When are you starting your school year?

Hi Erin,
My youngest is going to be starting Kindy at the local Christian School 8/24 (Thursday), so the older two will have a "soft" start 8/21 only doing a couple subjects, but will have full loads starting the 28th.
Right now, we are only doing Home Ec. and we have already tweaked it. :/ I think I am going to add in some Life Skills to this class like how to maintain a check book, budgeting, and household chores. Still waiting for those library books to come in to help me plan that part. Have a great year!

We started June 5th. We do school 5 days a week during the summer and switch to 4 starting in September, so we are counting down to Sept 1st. Then we take off from Thanksgiving thru New Years. I posted last year on a thread about easy peasy not working for us but we decided to try again this year and have really liked it so far. I figured out one of our problems at the beginning of the year was the internet browser we were using wasn't compatible with several of the links, so we switched and haven't had any problems since. This time we are using the whole curriculum except for math and bible and I really like the way it all fits together. So it's been a good year so far. 44 days and counting.

Our starting date was always the middle of January. :-) We took off a couple of weeks this time of year because the weather was stinkin' hot, and also we could go do some things because schools had started and there were fewer crowds. ;-)

We started on 7/31, and so far it's going well. Granted, I've already made two changes...LOL! I changed DS #2's science...ordered Abeka and he likes it much better (4th grader). DS #1, my 9th grader, didn't like the German online through Oklahoma State Univ, so we switched to Bob Jones online, and he chose Spanish instead of German (German isn't even an option with BJU). We hope to start it our next school day (currently off for two days since DH is off...only school 4 days a week and never when DH is off).

I'm pleased so far with how it's all going...hoping it stays smooth sailing.

We're starting August 28, because that's when my oldest has his first day of college.

I'm still waiting for the excitement for the new school year to kick in. It has just a little, but the focus this year has been the preparations for college.

We're starting Sept. 4th! I just have a bit more planning to do, and then we'll be ready to go. :)

We started a light week Monday with just a couple of subjects. We will start a full course load next week.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions