Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: PAC English IV: A Legacy of Freedom & Virtue in Literature & Philosophy

PAC English IV: A Legacy of Freedom & Virtue in Literature & Philosophy

I'm looking for input on this level of English from PAC. I've seen a sample from their website, but would be interested in hearing from those who have experience with it. And I'm wondering if it might teach anything unbiblical. Thanks everyone!!

I was researching some stuff about PAC a few days ago and came across a thread from this forum from a few years ago about the big picture with PAC. Maybe this thread will help ?
http://homeschoolreviews.com/forums/1/thread.aspx?id=112511

It's not specifically about that level of English though. But has some insights in the values/morals side of it all.

I'm hoping to hear current stories as well especially with the English levels as it's on my short list for youngest. But wanted to share what I learned in case it is helpful to you.

Thank you so much! Yes, it is on my short list also.

Will be watching if others have thoughts too.

Oh, and we used the Chemistry portion of PAC's ICP this year, along with Chem 101 for a supplement plus labs, and Life of Fred Chemistry to add a bit more math. It went very well!!! So thus the reason to look at more of their programs (PAC).

This post was edited on Jun 14, 2017 05:22 PM

re: re: PAC English IV: A Legacy of Freedom & Virtue in Literature & Philosophy

Just bumping in case ... : )

in case no one here has used it, you may have to contact the company directly and focus the questions so their customer service can answer.

to do that, you may need to ask yourself what is a deal breaker for using it vs what do you just needs a heads up about?

or ask them "what works of literature are read?" (some people avoid certain authors or books).

how much of that is covered (even in mfw's english program we did learn that EA Poe existed and read some of his poems that weren't "criminal minds" plots but some people may think that was unbiblical where I didn't think that. random example I gave. not in response to any discussion.)

or ask their return policy so you can extensively preview it.

I hope someone here has used it or seen it to know details.

Great idea. I think I will call ... after I jot down a few questions. Thank you for the suggestion. Especially regarding the return policy. I would love to review it and send it back if it's just not going to work. Thanks!!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions