Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Have you ever purchased "bargain books" from Rainbow Resource?

Have you ever purchased "bargain books" from Rainbow Resource?

It says: Bargain books may be dented, dropped, wrinkled, crinkled, smudged, or blemished but they are still brand new - they have not been used.

You can't return them, though. I'm wondering if you would or have taken this chance.

re: Have you ever purchased "bargain books" from Rainbow Resource?

I have, and have had no problems. The books didn't even looked damaged. I have been pleased with all the bargains I have received.

This post was edited on Jun 28, 2013 02:15 PM

I have. My experience has been that is usually means a slightly bent corner on a workbook or a dinged spine (at the top or bottom). Absolutely nothing that doesn't happen to all of our school books within 24 hours of use. LOL.

I still, to this day, cannot find a think in the world wrong with my bargain books.

I agree with pottersclay, nothing we wouldn't do to them in 24 hours! It sometimes takes a while to even find why it is a bargain book. I had the same experience on Amazon.

Yes, I have. They are usually pretty decent quality. There was one I bought one year that had a torn spine right on the corner. I usually check before ordering to see if what I want is available as a bargain book first, but I don't necessarily use that to determine which books I buy.

Yep, buy them! The last book I bought was a spelling set. The student copy showed some wear on the cover where it looked like it had been handled at the convention (slight indention where your fingers would have held the book) and the teacher key had a bend on the back cover. Worth saving a few bucks on the set!

Alright, which one of you went and bought it? There was a Mastering Mathematics set on sale for $89 but after asking for opinions here and asking dh what he thought, it is gone now. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions